Sunday 11 May 2014

"Wraiths, Wraiths on.......err feet"

At least thats possibly what Gollum would have said if Frodo and Co had encountered him between Bree and Weathertop. I really like the Peter Jackson interpretation of the Nazgul and have always wanted to collect the Nine when GW released them in support of the LoTR SBG. So I finally bid on these five on eBay, they're the models from the Weathertop boxset (I think) and I'm quite happy with how they turned out.







Now I just need to get the other four and I'll have all I need, oh and the Nine mounted as well, and maybe a couple on fell beasts, and maybe the Witch King at Pelennor...... the list goes on. One thing I won't do is collect the ones that GW named (the Betrayer) as that's when I think they started to lose it, nice models but for me they don't add anything to the Tolkien world in a way that adds benefit to me. I want to play out the War of the Ring, the story as written and filmed (I love the films!!) and not explore things that Tolkien only hinted at.

No comments:

Post a Comment