Friday 16 May 2014

Walls, walls everywhere and not a drop to drink!

Obviously this is a very poor pun on the Rime of the Ancient Mariner however it felt like this when I decided that it would be fun to have some walls to block line of sight in my various gaming pursuits. So I set to with glue, plasticard, hardboard and a very sharp knife, taking a few cues from Rich over at Two Fat Lardies and his Salute terrain build. Much like Rich I ended up with some very exciting hot glue burns and paint smeared fingers from a cheap spray can but thats another story.

A couple of evening later and I've got a box file full of walls that at 28mm ground scale equates to about 7 foot high. Perfectly fine for compounds and walled gardens I'm hoping and they've already featured in a game of Bolt Action, providing some much need cover for my homeguard.





Unfortunately I ran out of hardboard so the corners and intersections are based on artists mountboard and thus sit a little low when next to the walls, I'll have stick some more card underneath to raise them up a bit.

Laters
Ste

No comments:

Post a Comment