Thursday 29 May 2014

More Warriors of Rohan

Following up on my previous post regarding my fledgling Lord of the Rings Battle Company I based out a few more Warriors of Rohan to bolster my force should I be lucky enough to actually win some games and roll for extra troops. These were painted exactly as before, and just as before I am completely and utterly bored of painting different shades of brown. On the plus side I think they look pretty good.

As we (meaning myself and Andy at the club) progress with our forces we’ll move some of our games from skirmish level to formation style games, either using War of the Ring or Hail Fantasy (the Hail Caesar mod developed by Scott at http://scottswargaming.blogspot.co.uk/) which has some nice army lists and adaptations hosted at http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/HailSauron/


I thoroughly enjoy the skirmish style game as it tells the story of the books very well, however it would be nice to have the grand strategic view you get from larger formation style games with the attendant “gods eye view” of the battlefield, the greater emphasis on command and control (see my earlier ramble on lines of sight ) providing a different challenge to smaller individual model type games.

No comments:

Post a Comment