Sunday 30 March 2014

Paint Table Saturday

I thought that for a change I mighty actually post my entry for paint table Saturday on a Saturday! I've managed to shift a fair old chunk of lead and plastic over the last few weeks, mainly Saxons & Afrika Korps along with some terrain building projects that have been hanging about.

Anyway I'd promised myself that I'd finally get round to starting my Lord of the Rings project once I'd finished off these, and so here you can see the start - a bunch of Rohan warriors and riders and just at the back there you can spot Aragorn and Sam.

This will be my focus for a couple of months. I've got a couple of terrain projects started as well - Viking/Grub huts from Warbases which will act as a Rohan village and various rocks and hills. Below you can see a little scratch building using plasticard and some left over laser cut mdf.

To help get me in the mood I've even started reading The Lord of the Rings again (Frodo has just made it to Crickhollow!)

On top of this I've talked a few of my fellow club mates into starting a LoTR Battle Companies campaign, the first game is on Wednesday this coming week. I hope to document the games, and as the whole idea of Battle Companies is to theme your force and name your troops (essentially roleplaying) I'll be trying out a little storytelling as well.

Laters !

No comments:

Post a Comment