Thursday 20 March 2014

Dark Age Saxons

After the release of the appalling Warhammer Fantasy Battles 8th edition I, like many gamers, began exploring the wonderful world of Historical gaming. It was with joy and enthusiasm that I dived into the world of WAB, FoW, VSF and other interesting and challenging systems. Whilst exploring WAB in particular I discovered the excellent WAB supplement; Age of Arthur which on the surface looks very sparse however once you start delving deeper you find it is a balanced and varied book with many possibilities.

Anyway fast forward a couple of years and I had still to complete my Age of Arthur Saxon army, and therefore I foolishly agreed to take part in Scrivs http://scrivsland.blogspot.co.uk/ Age of Arthur Campaign day on the 16th March.

Three weeks before the event I suddenly remembered that I’d agreed to attend and frantically started painting up my army (can you see a pattern here?).

Anyway the end result is pictured below. I did take my camera to the day however got completely caught up in the enjoyment and forgot to take pics, therefore I’ll refrain from inflicting a write up on you good folks. Suffice it to say I had great fun, managed to win a few games (mainly through lucky dice!) and got to play with toy soldiers.
Geoguth

Cyning & Thegn with Gedricht

More Geoguth

Atheling & Duguth

Cyning

Atheling

No comments:

Post a Comment