Wednesday 26 March 2014

DAK Reinforcements

Well a single reinforcement to be precise. After my outing at Gaz and Tim’s North Africa themed campaign day something became apparent with my force - a distinct lack of anti tank. So to remedy that I decided to splash out on the nice Perry Pak 36 AT gun. Now in Bolt Action this is classed as a light anti tank gun and rightly so as it is effectively like bringing a pea shooter to the gun fight at the OK Corral.  

However as my DAK force is modelled on a motorised patrol I'm hoping to be able to drag this into a flanking position rather than leave it as a static AT asset. Once firing into side armour it becomes a lot more effective. When setting a game in a later period (i.e 1943) I then have access to the Stielgranate which greatly improves the penetration however only at short range.


Bearing in mind my aversion to big tanks dominating the table top I think I’ll keep to a relatively realistic ToE for my North Africa platoon level games and see how I get on. If the current trend in Bolt Action continues of gamers aiming for the uber lists (as per 40k) I may have to look for a new ruleset (CoC seems to be trying to drag me in !!!!). After all it is a product designed to sell (i.e make money) and therefore the company would be foolish not to respond to the majority will of the market which does appear to be 40k, competitive gamer based!

No comments:

Post a Comment