Wednesday 8 April 2020

Lockdown post 8 - Bunch of junk into scenery

I tried to do a bit of casting a couple of weeks ago.  Not that movie actor rubbish but proper casting where you make a mold and then fill it with something liquid that sets hard and eureka, nifty model thingy.  At least that's the theory.  It turns our that casting is really hard, so all credit to you ingenious folks out there who can do it as business,  you'll continue to get my dollar (proper NZD ones and not that funny US stuff ;0) )
Anyway I did a test run and cast up some blocks which turned out ok (my detail pieces were terrible) so I figured waste not want not and asked my youngest son to build me some terrain with it.  10 minutes later and a quick rummage in my train bus box and he'd bashed together this (which I promptly painted,  cos why should he get all the fun).
This will see some use giving my warriors of Gondor to hide when they're getting beaten up by Mordor trolls!

1 comment: