Saturday 4 April 2020

Lockdown post 5 - Space Marine Rhino

I painted this a while ago but have finally managed to finish the detailing.  I remember when GW released the first rhino kit,  yes I'm that old! And I always really liked it,  yes it was a little small to transport 10 space marines but in terms of ground scale it looked right on the table top.  The majority of the newest GW models are too big for my taste, awesomely detailed but not quite right, although the Rhino isn't too bad and I do like how they've incorporated some of the old models aesthetics into the rhino variants.

I really enjoyed painting this although I'm really not sure about how to use it in the game, the days of the rhino rush are long gone!

I had a good rummage in my bits box to customize it, using parts from various old GW plastics to keep it in theme with my Space Marines, still not sure what theme that is but that's half the fun as I'm painting for the joy at the moment rather than to play!

1 comment: