Friday 24 April 2020

Lockdown post 12 - Gaming with the boys

Before you start calling the social distancing police the boys in the title refers to my kids, don't worry we're staying within our bubble here at t'club house. Like many of you, trying to keep the social aspect of our hobby going is quite challenging in these dark days,  however I'm lucky in that my kids share my love of gaming (to a degree). At 9 and 10 the gaming is simplified a little more than normal, and when I tell them that it also counts as school work they get even more interested. 
So the other day we cracked out Cruel Seas, the mechanism is simple and clean although moving the ships is fiddly but we muddled through. Here's a few pics:
We invented the scenario,  "Transport the tank on the tanker". This made good use of the boy's home made tank and my scratch built tanker, at some point I'll write a post about building it. 
The game was such fun that it inspired my eldest to invent his own version - Penguin Wars! I'll share more in another post.
So that's how I'm scratching the gaming itch, anyone got any good stories about theirs?

1 comment:

  1. Looks great Ste, glad you have an 'at home' opponent , me too ;)

    ReplyDelete