Thursday 2 January 2014

Been offline due to festivities!

I guess everyone has been a little preoccupied over the last two weeks, some kind of religious festival I believe. Anyway this merriment did in fact manage to finagle it's way into my household, without I hasten to add the accompanying religious connotations.

So as we have two young children the Christmas period is very much about them, presents, stories about Santa etc and just generally very silly in a good way. Both SWMBO and myself agreed to not get presents for each other this year, which obviously means that she ignored this rule and got me something. Now I have an ever increasing lead and plastic mountain so she knows not to add to this as she has to deal with the spread of pending items. In fact she decided to take matters into her own hands. The two images below are before and after xmas pressie exchange. Please note that we have just moved house so I haven't had a painting area set up for ages.



I'm not sure how Santa got this oak writing desk down the chimney however I'm glad he did it without destroying anything or putting his back out. Finding a fat guy with a large beard lying on the floor in pain is not something I want my kids to see on Christmas morning, the rest of the year its not a problem as I'm often lying there in pain after throwing them in the air and playing horsey!

No comments:

Post a Comment