Friday 10 January 2014

Fences for IHMN

Another quick project completed over the Christmas break. It’s hard to find time over the holidays for hobby stuff, as you entertain young children during the day and crash out exhausted at night (not to say it isn’t fun!).

So inspired by http://shedwars.blogspot.co.uk/ and http://londonbymidnight.blogspot.co.uk/ I decided to bash out some fences to support my slowly growing VSF town. I think they came out rather well however I foolishly used superglue to glue them to the base and obviously this has clouded the clear plastic (doh!). Now if I hadn’t been in such a hurry I’d have used some contact adhesive to glue them down properly!
I may go back and redo them depending on how they look with my other terrain. They’re just a few bits of spare balsa wood with coffee stirrers as the frame (provides strength!). Gave the whole thing a watered down Vallejo black wash followed by Vallejo Heavy Sienna and Neutral Grey dry brush.
Ere, Sarge, do you think we gave him the slip?

8 comments:

  1. Very nice work with these fences...not sure this is sufficient protection against the tyrannosaurus, but great work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shhhh, don't let the Bobbies know!
      Nice blog Phil, I do like the animations!

      Delete
  2. Nicely done. They will work in plenty of different environments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They will definitely feature in my games of Bolt Action - watch this space!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Scott. I've missed a trick though as if I'd made the bases removable I could have flipped them on their side and used them for scenery for Goblin Town!

      Delete
  4. Oh very nice you can use them nearly anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, at the club, at home, on the table..........lol

      Delete