Sunday 26 January 2014

Westwind Kubelwagen

This follows on from my last post as I’ve managed to put together my Westwind Kubelwagens. These models are also from their Berlin or Bust range and were purchased at the same time as my Opel Blitz’s. They retail at £12 however with the 25% sale came in at £9. Now they are 1/60 and as such look a tiny bit small however the really cool thing is that they retail at £12…………. for two!



So I’m a happy chappy. They don’t come with crew which means I’ll have to acquire some or do a little kitbashing with the Perry plastics to see what I can come up with. Also there’s no pintel MG34 however I have some left over from my late war Heer so I can add one on no problem.

So with the addition of the Sdkfz 222 (which is borrowed with the caveat that I paint it) I now have a Bolt Action 1000 pts Afrika Korp motorised patrol and all for the princely sum of:

Perry DAK - £18
Transports - £48
Sdkfz - £16 (borrowed, so free!!!)
Total - £82

I think once I have some crew in them they won’t look so tiny. I’m also tempted to mount both the Kubels and the Opels on bases primarily to protect them from inadvertent damage to wheels etc.


Not too shabby!

2 comments:

  1. Two for 12 yeah that would make me happy too. I think you should mount them on bases for safety's sake. Also bases will make them look a bit bigger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, well pleased. I'll be mounting them, as you say they'll be taller. I've managed to kit bash two drivers and added pintel mg's.

    ReplyDelete