Wednesday 15 January 2014

Bloody DAK (Help!)

A short post that's a bit of a whine really. Started on my Perry DAK box last night, they're all built up, nice poses and quite characterful. Started on the paint job, undercoat of US uniform spray and then a light over spray of sand.

A few dry brushes later of various light sand/green shades and I have to say they look.....................bloody awful.

Have you ever had the moment in the middle of a painting project when you just want to throw them all out the window? I had a nice colour scheme in my head and thought to myself "this will be a nice little project this week". But no, I'm now at the stage where I'm desperately trying to rescue them and hopefully get them to a playable level by the end of the month.

I'd post pics but I don't want to inflict them on you yet. Much discussion with the guys at the club tonight I think.

Watch this space!

Oh - anyone got any painting recommendations for DAK vehicles? 

3 comments:

  1. Try some brown washes that may pull them together. I would not have gone with the green undercoat I think that's what's giving you the trouble.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I think you're right. I may end up going back to black (undercoat not ACDC) as I've tried a couple of test washes (Vallejo Sepia and Umber) and am not sure that's rescued it.

      Delete
  2. Quick drop in the dettol and a scrub be good as new.

    ReplyDelete