Friday 1 November 2013

WW2 Terrain (Parte Deux!)

Not sure why I’ve gone French in the post title, must be one of those days. Anyway as a follow up on my previous post regarding terrain I’ve been a bit of a terrain junkie recently. Not content with painting up the bunkers for my clubs campaign day I decided to get my Quonset huts painted up as well.

Once these little beauties were complete I thought they looked a little lonely so raiding the bits box I pulled out some cocktail skewers and picture hanging wire and managed to bash together some ok looking razor wire. The only issue with it is it’s a gold colour so next time I may just have to give it a light spray with back to dull it down some.

Now looking at this pile of terrain I thought to myself “how would Quonset huts get delivered? By road of course” and so I settled down to try making some roads. One hour, some lengths of balsa, sandpaper and a little paint and base flock later I have some perfectly acceptable roads for my 28mm WW2 gaming.

Unfortunately I’m a victim of my own success and after taking my roads to the club I’ve been roped into making some more roads. This doesn’t sound too bad until you realise that one of the club members runs his own terrain company (click here to see some of his stuff http://wargamestournaments.com/index.html) and has access to a large quantity of spare mdf and a laser cutter. So I now have about 60ft of roads to make from the offcuts of various shapes that he gave me (thanks Ed!).




No comments:

Post a Comment