Wednesday 27 November 2013

In the Fields of Joy

All you music aficionados out there willl have linked the title of this post to the rather nifty song by Lenny Kravitz however this post is (unfortunately) not about music but rather about terrain. Now for some time I have been meaning to set up a gaming board at home, and in a previous post you will have seen my efforts to that effect. Well no board is worth playing on without the addition of representative terrain (unless you play 8th WFB!) and therefore I have been beavering away with bits of tat picked up over the years and stashed in a box.

So without further ado I give you - Fields!
 These are the most ridiculously simple things to make, in fact I’ve kind of overdone mine a little. All you need is a cheap ribbed door mat or coir door mat (no I don’t own shares in Wilko’s before you ask!)

Then just go wild with a sharp craft knife and hey presto instant fields. I took it a step further to give some durability and based them on hardboard, textured the edges and added flock. I also gave the ploughed field a dry brush of various browns.

I’m quite happy with the results. As I’ll be playing on a tiled board I needed to provide a textured edge to each field as the roads are created by blocking out the tiling and on occasion my fields may not have hedges or fences surrounding them (therefore they all have a dirt verge!).




I’ll pop up some pics of the board with fields once I’ve finished dulling it down a little (see previous post on tiles!)


And finally - A popcorn Frog Dog!

No comments:

Post a Comment