Saturday 4 May 2013

Bolt Action Tommies!

Well I don't post that often and thats mainly been because I've been finalising my college course. Well now that thats over I can start uploading stuff and boring the crap out of anyone that might end up reading  this page.

Anyway back on to more fun things, I've found myself playing quite alot of Warlord Games Bolt Action rules recently. Its revived my childhood interest in all things World War 2 and resulted in a lot of discussions on the Bolt Action Discussion Forum on various aspects of the history. The game itself is fast and fun and relatively easy to learn and play.


Anyhow without further ado here are a few of my painted Tomies ready to get stuck in to the dastardly hun (can you tell I'm approaching it in a Commando comics stylee?):




















This is my initial platoon led by Subaltern. I've gone for the complete cop out of block base colours and the Army Painter Dark Tone dip however it seems to be working quite nicely. i really don't have time to focus my attention on the models however once the core of the force is put together I'll start getting some characterful models in there, for example currently there are no rules for a company Padre however it would make a very nice addition.

Until next time!

2 comments:

  1. Very nice work Ste. Will you be doing some of the dastardly Hun too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're on the painting table, just behind my mid/late FoW armour and 1/48 Cromwell. I'll get some pics up once I perfect this photography lark.

      Cheers

      Delete