Monday 25 February 2013

Trains, Trains and No Automobiles!


We spent the day at the Railway Museum for my youngest sons birthday (two year old obsessed with cars and trains!) and happened across this.

Not strictly gaming per se but I had to post these pics as it brought back a flood of memories of a happy childhood spent tinkering. For anyone that remembers these it should evoke the same. Alternatively watch a couple of episodes of James May’s Toy Stories  and you’ll know what I mean.
It was huge and it worked!


Check out all the info with it



Not a train I know but it was taller than me and I'm 6'2"
Spinning round like crackers.
 All this was put on by the Sheffield Meccano Guild who were a charming bunch more than happy to talk about their pastime. The kids were enraptured (not just mine!) and it looks like their may be a move away from electronic entertainment to other more practical forms of recreation. One can only hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment