Thursday 13 February 2014

Terrain for North Africa

Here’s a little something that I knocked together whilst waiting for the PVA/sand basing and undercoat to dry on my Fellowship mini’s. I have a young family and as such a house filled with toys (not all of them are mine!). Periodically my wife and I have a clear out of those items that are no longer used or beyond their effective use, and a bunch of palm trees from some kind of zoo animal set was bound for the bin. So rather than call the A-team I opted to rescue them myself and filed them away as “potential scenery” for use at a later date.

Well as I have a game planned against Phil’s 8th Army at the club I thought it was time that my motorised DAK column had something to hide behind so I bashed these together using some left over thick card, sand and liberal use of spray paints.



They also feature the new tufts I purchased from Tajima1 on eBay. Very nice products and great value (£5 ish for 100 tufts or so).


I’ll get some pics and do an AAR of our game and post up later. Phil does have some lovely models (although I hate his Matilda 2 as it guns down everything!).

4 comments:

  1. Great stuff - always cool to salvage stuff from the toy cupboard!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too true. They're often the most satisfying projects!

      Delete
  2. They look great and even desert games need cover.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My games do as my trucks tend to get blown to bits!

      Delete