Thursday 6 February 2014

28mm Deutsch Afrika Korp - I work best to deadlines!

Let me elaborate. Some months ago I agreed to take part in a North Africa themed Bolt Action campaign dayorganised by Gary and Tim (Gazerb and General Timmy of the Warlord Games Bolt ActionForum) to be held at the East Manchester Historical Gaming Centre on Sunday 2nd February.
I agreed purely because my buddy Geraint suggested it would be a laugh and also Phil from our club was also attending so I signed up, without an actual army to play with. This was back in Nov last year and then I promptly forgot about it until about 3 weeks ago when I realised I absolutely had to paint something.

So putting my money where my mouth is got cracking, throwing the plastic Perry DAK together, buying some trucks and kubels from Westwind and just generally staying up much too late painting frantically.

Well the day arrived and low and behold I actually finished my force off (1000 pts of Veteran Afrika Korps mounted in trucks!)

And so without further ado here’s the completed version of my toys (although I may do some more work on them depending on if I can get any of the club to sign up to a mini North Africa campaign).









I’ve done a write up of the day however I forgot to take photos therefore so my next post will just give a quick summary of my games!

4 comments:

  1. Very nice job, especially if done as a 'rush job' !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Scott.

      I think I've got the desert bug as I've just ordered a Pak 36 from Perrys and am sorting out my FoW 8th

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Cheers Craig

      Your stuff ain't to shabby either. I do like the canvas mat you use for desert, I may have to "steal" that idea

      Delete