Tuesday 12 May 2020

Lockdown Post 18 - Cruel Seas Kreigsmarine

S- boats,  Minesweeper and Flakboot, that's the German fleet,  although it also comes with a Stuka which is quite nice but not really required in the game as aircraft attacks could easily be represented with a counter.
I've gone for a few different camo schemes,  simply because I seem too have loads of e-boats to play with. These stress the s-100 with armored wheelhouse.
I think this is my favorite one,  a lot of sponging and stippling to get this effect. 
These are the s-38 type which I prefer to the s-100, they just look nicer!


A flakboot, and yes that's an 88mm on the front, pretty scary really although terribly slow in the game and vulnerable to torpedoes.

I foolishly asked my son what camo scheme I should paint the minesweeper and his reply was "Bismarck", so I valiantly tried to paint straight lines on the damn thing which was no easy task
Turned out ok I reckon. 

The combined Kreigsmarine fleet.  A much scarier proposition than my Royal Navy, at least until I finish my Fairmiles
In the Cruel Seas starter set you also got a half submerged sub, not tried to user it yet I just enjoyed painting it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment