Saturday 17 February 2018

Walmington on Sea Part 2 – Jettys and a Boat

Posted by Ste

It’s not really a seatown without a boat of some kind and as I mentioned in the first part of this post that I’d be making a boat I’d better show you what I achieved. It was surprising simple really, cut a base shape out of 5mm foam board, stick some card sides on and leave to dry for about 4 days (just to make sure they don’t pop off). Then build various bits that make it look boaty (Cabin, mast type thing, maybe a hold). Mine looks a little like a boat/barge more than anything so I’m gonna say that it’s an inshore freighter that can travel upriver.

I may have to give it another go and make something a bit bigger.



So where can you board this wonderful contraption, why at the jetty of course. These were easy and annoying at the same time, the usual materials were used of coffee stirrers, some balsawood and pva. I quickly realised that to get the strength whilst meeting my need for speed (CTA was coming up fast at this point) I’d have to use the trusty glue gun for the framework. Don’t you just love all the blisters you get from burning yourself on hot glue? Such fun.







No comments:

Post a Comment