Wednesday 28 February 2018

Lord of the Rings SBG Ruins


Posted by Ste

You know how sometimes you feel the urge to complete something but you don’t want to put loads of effort in, well I had that urge the other night. My painting queue is huge and hasn’t noticeably reduced over recent months. In addition I’m in a bit of funk as well and am struggling to muster up the energy to get stuck in to anything. So I figured that these would give me a much needed boost without too much effort.

They’re the ruins that came with the Mines of Moria LoTR Strategy Battle Game published by GW (and now obsolete!). I picked these up off Trademe (NZ eBay) a while ago for peanuts, they hard plastic and very easy to paint. They were based on hard card for durability and then given some texture and a grey undercoat. A few dry brushes and some flock, grass and flowers later and voila, the ruins of Ithilien!




Quite happy with these, just need some proper building ruins to complement them now.

No comments:

Post a Comment