Tuesday 4 November 2014

Painting again - LoTR Orcs


Now that I’m up and running with my paints and hobby supplies I’ve been able to actually produce
some painted figures and in keeping with my current Lord of the Rings theme I present some pretty
naff Orcs. The history around these is that they were part of my “Lord of the Rings on a Budget”
project prior to moving to NZ. I managed to source these through eBay for £3.50 for 35 which is a
pretty good deal. However much like many things found on eBay they weren’t very well described and it turns out that only 10 were actually undamaged, the remainder having various elements broken off (spears, swords, arms). As they were described as “Orcs for LoTR” in the description without any mention of damage I politely contacted the seller prior to giving feedback and pointed this out. I’m not sure they really cared what I thought however they did care about their positive seller rating and promptly refunded me £2.
Luckily for me I have a big pile of goblins that can be used for spare parts, the mix and match nature
of the models will definitely suit the imagery of an Orc. And even better it meets my “Lord of the
Rings on a Budget” requirement of costing me £0.042p per model!
In the game they have an average Fight value of 3, 5+ shoot which when coupled with the poor strength of an orc bow means you don’t tend to kill much when shooting. Strength 3 is average, Defence 4 isn’t too shabby however a Courage value of 2 means that these guys will probably leg it at the first sign of trouble (which is to be expected of an Orc!). However at 5 points basic you can have bucket-loads of the which is very useful!

Next up in the queue are the Uruk Hai who recently had an outing against Scotts Rohan
and all I can say is sorry Scott!

No comments:

Post a Comment