Thursday 24 October 2013

The Tiles Have Arrived

And finally I got the phone call telling me that my floor tiles were available for collection. It's weird being exited over some floor tiles however it's been over ten years since I've had a gaming board at home so I've been really looking forward to building this one.

Anyhow, on to the matter at hand. The board is primarily going to be for skirmish gaming so I decided on a 3ft x 3ft, so once I'd dropped the tiles at home I dragged my lazy carcass over to my local diy store for some battens and hardboard. I wanted to make it out of mdf however it's a) too expensive, 2) not cut in 3ft widths and iii) errrr, I can't think of a third.

So I bashed together my 3 x 3 board and liberally smeared it in pva as I don't trust the adhesive component of the supposedly self adhesive tiles. Below is a rather bizarre pic of the board with tiles attached as it dries on our kitchen table (an alternative use for some of my weird reading material). I've also provided a comparison shot of the tiles with few of my IHMN Scotland Yard for all you folks with an interest in this.

I'll post some more once it's dry and touched up. The next step is buildings (you can't have a good Victorian wargame without some Victorian scenery) for which I will be copping Pitt and buying the rather excellent Gaslamp Alley range from Sarissa Precision with some extras from Warbases (collecting those from Fiasco in Leeds this weekend).




Stay tuned as it looks like the brave Inspector Johnson may be moving to a more scenic locale!

No comments:

Post a Comment