Friday 11 October 2013

I’m Baaaaaacccckkkk!

Well its been a short while since my last post simply because I went on holidaty. And a lovely holiday it was, most relaxing (well as relaxing as it can be with 2 young children, sand and a swimming pool!). That’s why there has been a distinct lack of hobby material emanating from this glorious halls. However that shall now be rectified!

First up we have a little terrain for my ongoing foray into 28mm World War 2.


These little beauties are designed for the Dust Tactics game however they are perfectly scaled for 28mm wargaming and are a treat to put together. Each one is a three part model, no flash, takes paint really well and as an added bonus the doors open (woohoo). 


At between £15 and £20 for six this is an easy building purchase to decorate your WW2 games and provide an objective (and can double up for SciFi games as well).



I’ll post some images of the painted ones in action next week.

Next is a further update to my Flames of War exploration. I have all the models I need to complete Easy Company, 506th PIR other than the character pack that Battlefront do, however I’m not sure whether I want to get it. I think mainly because it feels like a sales gimmick, however one thing I am doing is sticking to Battlefront mini’s for my airborne as I think they are good sculpts that are reasonably priced. I have almost completed 1st platoon, two 57mm guns, three M4’s and half a Glider Recon & Intel platoon so I’m making pretty good progress. I don’t like to put up in progress pics of mini’s so you’ll have to wait till I’m done.

And finally I’m about to start my In Her Majesty’s Name board and have planned out what I need. We have found that the game works great on 3x3 so I’ve ordered two packs of these little beauties for the basing:


I’ll put nice of them down on a precut MDF board and edge it for durability so should look pretty good and also multi purpose (I may branch out into Malifaux and EoTD). Now as I’m building this board it would make sense to utilise the reverse so I have an alternate gaming area. So what could I prepare the other surface for, perhaps a new project, hmmm let me see……….



More next week kids.

Ciao

2 comments:

  1. Interested to see how those tiles work out.
    Trying to visualise how they will scale up with our figures...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I've got my 3ft x 3ft board built however the tiles are on back order so I'll have to wait a while to complete it. However once complete I'll pop a post up. Then I'll just have to make some buildings (now where can I find some ideas for making Victorian buildings from?)

      Delete