Thursday 16 January 2020

Mordor Troll

Another model thats been hanging around on my painting table waiting for some love. This is the GW Mordor troll, although its not really!

Its comprised of spare plastic parts and a body and legs cast from plaster of paris - shock horror!

For many old grognards making your own mini's was part of the hobby, plastercast being quite useful as its cheap and easy to use, although not very robust! Anyway with the advent of 3d printers it seems that home grown models are becoming a thing again so maybe we'll see more of this in the not too distant future.


I quite like the MESBG troll models from GW, at least the older ones anyway, some of the newer stuff feels a little too designed rather than sculpted. Don't get me wrong I like some of GW's new models, particularly in the 40k space but the newer MESBG ones don't blend with the older model range very well (in my opinion), not that the initial range was very good to start with!

This guys fits with my other Uruk Hai troll so I may have to tag team them and see how many heroes they can throw around.

No comments:

Post a Comment