Sunday 8 January 2017

K47 - Spinne Mech

So it turns out that Konflikt 47 is crap! 
Well ok that may be a little harsh, what I meant to say is that Konflikt 47 is crap!
Arghh it seems I just can't help myself, maybe its my own fault for getting a little too hyped up for it and  expected something really, really good. But I just can't bring myself to like it. Its got bolted on rules (see what I did there?) that just don't feel right for the mechanic, there are holes and inconsistencies throughout and it could very easily have been a pdf add on to Bolt Action. 

The introduction of reactions is a nice idea but it doesn't feel right in the flow of the game, close quarters combat is different now, with a more complicated set up to it and the whole idea of choosing between point blank shooting or close quarters is counter to the idea of close quarters (where shooting was incorporated in the roll to kill!). Walkers are under powered and its unclear what they are (vehicles or infantry), they can fight if they assault but not if they're assaulted?

However it feels like Warlord and Osprey saw an opportunity to get more mileage (and money) out of Bolt Action v1 from us dumb gamers and so of they went.

One positive thing it did do is allow Clockwork Goblin to get their pretty cool 15mm miniatures into 28mm scale (a proper gaming scale) and therefore here is my most recent offering - a German Spinne Mech light walker.
Not sure when I'll get to play with this fella, maybe when an errata comes out fixing the problems with K47 or someone updates it to BAv2. I'll probably get lambasted for voicing my opinion of this game rather the gushing like a teenage Beiber fan but thats the internet for ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment