Tuesday 24 January 2017

Frostgrave and Warband Management

Posted by Ash

Some time ago, myself and Ste got into Frostgrave. It's a great little skirmish game with a low entry fee. All you need is the rulebook - which very reasonably priced and about 10 generic fantasy miniatures. I cobbled together a few dudes with swords and such like (mainly thanks to Ste for donating a sweet GW necromancer looking wizard and some wargames factory saxons). We ferverishly built some appropriate scenery and played a few games but then shinier stuff came along and we haven't played for a while. I really do like the concept of the game though and the rules are streamlined and easy.

One thing that niggled me was the management of the warband. Frostgrave offers a persistent campaign system so your wizard and warband improve over time (or sustain permanent injuries!) and this creates accounting hell. Due to the paperwork involved and my lazyness I decided to create some sort of online tool for managing my warband. This tool took a fair amount of time and I eventually offered its use for free to anyone who plays Frostgrave.

If you're a fan of Frostgrave then I urge you and your friends to use the tool. If you haven't played Frostgrave then go and get it now, you won't regret it.

The online tool is available from the link below. Note that you must have a Google account to use it.

Frostgrave Warband Manager

The artwork in Frostgrave by Dmitry Burmak is superb.

No comments:

Post a Comment