Saturday 11 June 2016

My never ending quest to turn junk into something useful (Part 1)

I know, I'm cheap. I'm also a bit of a sustainability nerd and can't abide throwing away something that can be reused. So as you can guess my garage is slowly filling up with stuff that falls into the category of "ooh, that could come in handy".

The easiest stuff to find a use for is polystyrene packaging as it's just a few minutes work to hack it up and make it into some simple terrain! And so I present the hills of Cha'ick'caratharan (I figured they look a bit fantasy hence the dumb name!)

Left over poly, old hard board and some bark chips from the garden. PVA, beach sand, cheapo artists acrylic and then flock so all in all about $2 to make both hills. Obviously it took time as well but it was fun and who can put a price on fun!

Beanomir searching for a pint and meat pie.....err I mean the ring! (Everyone's favorite Gondorian Yorkshireman included for scale purposes).



No comments:

Post a Comment