Tuesday 27 October 2015

Africa!!!!

So I’ve been beavering away with a new pet project (something I alluded to in a previous post), utilising my rather average modelling and terrain building skills to prepare some Africa terrain for a little moderns gaming. After seeing and reading Black Hawk Down I developed a fascination with modern small unit actions in urban terrain and managed to convince mate Ashley to also dive in. Our plans are to try out the rather interesting Skirmish Sangin rule-set and their Day of the Rangers supplement initially and see how it grabs us. I do have my eye on the recently released Black Ops from Osprey as it sounds like the perfect rule-set for gaming some of the more interesting stealth ops console games (Metal Gear Solid, Syphon Filter etc).

Anyway you need to start somewhere so here are a few of the buildings I’ve bashed together using foamboard, matchsticks and corrugated card. For the plans I’d love to say I came up with them myself however that would be a big fat lie – these were all based on the rather excellent instructions found on Matakishis’s Tea House. Please go along and get lost in his rather excellent blog/website thingy!

Now I just need to get a board done and some protagonists – watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment