Tuesday 24 March 2015

Uruks-a-Mundo!

There’s one very clear benefit to me taking part in the Analogue Hobbies Painting Challenge this year and that is it’s made me nearly complete my Isengard force for The Lord of the Rings SBG. I had one warband complete and one on the way when I started however now I’ve managed to cobble together 3 full strength Uruk Warbands (with captains), Lurtz with 5 Scouts, an Orc warband (and the makings of another) and a full Warg rider Warband.

Woohoo!

Anyway my latest (and last) submission to the challenge was the leftover Uruks that brought the warbands up to full strength (12 models) and also a final captain.
Now before anyone starts no he isn’t blonde and he doesn’t catch awesome waves dude! Believe it or not I painted his hair middlestone with the view that it would come out as a mucky blonde/white as below:

Ugluk
It was a test piece so I can try out the colouring and then go back and correct my Ugluk model who as you can see does not have completely dark hair in the films (Saruman must employ some hair stylist Orcs!).


Once the challenge is finally over I’m going to take stock of my accomplishments and do a group photo, so stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment