Saturday 21 March 2015

Another Challenge Entry – The end is closing in!

That’s right kiddies the Fifth Analogue Hobbies Painting Challenge is coming to a close and I’m frantically squeezing my submissions in.
Here we have a tank destroyer security section for Flames of War - a jeep and two M20 utility's. The M20's were easy to paint but the jeep not so much. However I really like the battlefront US jeep model and it was a joy to paint. 
I've done these as the 2nd armoured division as they were the first armoured units to hook up with the 101st on D-day. 




And so on to the second part of the submission, 3x recon jeeps. These guys are supposed to be a jeep recon patrol from the 327th glider infantry regiment of the 101st and as I've already stated I really enjoy painting jeeps! 

As I did with my airborne infantry I've painted the 101st screaming eagle badge on them however to differentiate them from their higher paid comrades I've tried to paint the stars and stripes on them, it kind of works. 


Now hopefully these guys will see the table soon as gaming buddy Ashley and I are exploring the Battlegroup system as a replacement/alternative to FoW. Also I know that ScottB is interested so I may have a couple of Batreps soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment