Thursday 12 December 2013

Moving House Sucks

I hate moving house, it really impacts your free time and enthusiasm to actually do anything. Over the last two weeks my wife and I have been thoroughly absorbed with packing boxes and moving between two houses whilst desperately trying to amuse two young children. Now that we’ve finally done the shift, got all our possessions to the new house and almost got everything squared away we can restart our hobbies etc.

Now there’s the darn problem. I have lots of things on my to do list (IHMN buildings and board, my new adventuring company (Professor M and the Brotherhood of the Black Moon), Flames of War US Para company, Bolt Action DAK and many other things sitting on the sidelines. Unfortunately I can’t find the sidelines or identify a suitable place to set anything up. So all my mini’s are stashed in no particular order all over the house and I’ll probably spend most of the Xmas period trying to find them again.

So how am I going to amuse myself whilst sorting through the chaos….hmmmmm. I know, play a silly board game.
 
“Bleurghhhhhhhh” groaned the zombie as it shambled aimlessly through the open door of the prison complex followed by twenty six others.

“No problem” I thought nervously fingering my meat cleaver as I heard James running back from the control room to aid me.

“GWARRRRRRRRRRRRR” screamed the abomination as it battered its way  through the decaying corpses, eager to tear me limb from limb

“I need new trousers” was my next thought.

“Molotov you moron” shouted James as he finally cleared the corner and saw the nightmare waiting to engulf us.

“Ooooh, fire good!”

Yes we had a rather excellent five player game of Zombicide: Prison Break last night and I have to say I’ve never had so much fun whilst sober. Last night the club was at capacity with upwards of 40 gamers frantically rolling dice and looking serious whilst in one corner of the room a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade………….. oops, sorry. It all went a bit A-team there.

Seriously though I can see this becoming a staple of our gaming calendar as there are multiple levels to the game play, cooperative being the most rational however the temptation to attack other survivors when they find something good, or even deliberately tempt Zombies into a room and then close the door is a too much to resist.


I may lose friends!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Ahh I love Zombicide. It's the staple of our group too. We've not had a chance to play Season 2 (Prison Outbreak) yet, but it's on the list for the Christmas holidays.

    As for attacking other survivors, that is apparently the topic for Season 3 next year :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome, I'll keep my eye out for the KS. I was harangued by the group for even contemplating opening the door to let the zeds in and then closing the door at the end of the corridor, thus shutting tow of my compatriots in with 2 abominations and a whole host of walkers.
      Sound tactic if you ask me :-)

      Delete
  2. You have my sympathies, I hate house moving too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well hopefully the next time I move will be a more considerable distance!

      Delete