Friday 30 August 2013

Slight Divergence (sort of)

So I’ve been playing and modelling quite a bit of 15mm WW2 recently (Flames of War) and thought I’d take a break and paint something different. This model has been sitting on my painting table for some time and is part of an idea I’ve had that hasn’t been realised because I bone idle…..er I mean very busy. I said that this is a slight divergence as the model in question is one of Revell’s Microwings Spifire’s.


They recently re-released this range and at between £1.50 and £2.50 its pretty good value. Not very detailed however at 1/144 it doesn’t need to be. The transfers included in the box are pretty good and easy to apply and I think the 1/144 size fits with the 15mm stuff I’ve got. I know that its pictured with some German infantry and armour however that is purely for scale purposes.


My reason for getting them is I fancy playing a little WW2 aerial combat to support both my FoW and Bolt Action games and add a little supplementary storytelling to our games (I’ve ordered some Me 109’s and Stuka’s). So with that in mind I downloaded a copy of the Wings of War WW2 rules (freely available online, I didn’t steal them !) to try out a few games with some proxy models (as the WoW ones are pricey and hard to come by). 


I’ll post some updates once I have a few more planes and have tried out the rules. My first review of them is that they’ll provide the kind of visual wargame that I enjoy rather than some of the other “hex” based games that are popular in this genre.


Laters!

No comments:

Post a Comment