Thursday 18 August 2022

Death Guard Predator, Kinda!

OK,  I like to save money cos I'm stingy. That's right,  I'm a yorkshireman which means short arms and deep pockets so whenever I can avoid spending cash I will.  And with GW's terrifying prices down here in NZ its pretty rare that I would spend any of my hard earned on their products. 
I'm quite enjoying painting my 40k Death Guard at the moment,  it makes a refreshing change from the hordes of Saxons and Roman's I've been doing recently. So I decided that I needed some heavy support to back up my not Hellbrute and what better way than a not Predator!
This originally started life as a Tamiya 1/48 Cromwell that bought to support my slowly growing Bolt Action British however I bought it before they released version 1,  and not knowing how popular it would become and how everyone would get 1/56 scale armor for the game. Which is fine but my 1/48 Cromwell dwarfs Tiger 1's so unfortunately it's sat in my cupboard gathering dust for the last decade.  
However 40k minis are huge so the footprint of this is about right for a death guard tank so I grabbed my plastic glue, scalpel and set to work nurglifying it! There are parts from chaos marauders and warriors,  ogres, vampires, tau, rogue trader era space marines as well as a sh#t ton of milliput to give it that mutated look. 

I've gone a little overboard whey the rust effect but I think it works okay,  I may have to rusting my Hellbrute now,  just to keep them in theme. 
This top down view gives you an idea of just how much milliput I used to sculpt all nasty organs, flesh and random pipes type stuff.
Somewhere in the fleshy mutation on the front is a face of some poor lost soul dragged into this beast as it thundered across the battlefields of the grim dark.
I used a lot of inks and washes on this to try and get a suitably grubby and pestilence feel to it,  I quite like how it turned out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment