Saturday 2 October 2021

I Made a Tree

What do you do when your getting a bit tired of painting the same thing over and over (I'm painting napoleonic British at the moment). That's right,  you guessed it,  you make a tree!

I started off with some jewellers wire and just started twisting,  and let me tell you wearing gloves or something to protect your fingers is a must as I ended with l up with a lot of puncture wounds. 
Once I had an armature I was happy with I hot glued it to a card base and started applying polyfilla (other brands of wall filler are available). As it started to dry I carefully scored grooves into it to look like bark which I think turned out quite nicely. 
Gray undercoat, burnt umber wash and multiple brown and get dry brushes and then I could glue on some foliage.  
Not a bad tree,  it'll be a nice feature in my western town (Malice), somewhere for those high noon showdowns to happen!

1 comment:

  1. A very nice looking tree you have ended up with too - congratulations!

    ReplyDelete