Wednesday 2 March 2016

More African/Afghan Buildings

Ahh life, such a fickle mistress. Its been nearly two months since my last confessio.......erm I mean post, where has the time gone.


Its been a hectic few months in my house as I’ve been busy at work, busy at home and busy with a hobby that isn’t toy soldier related. Oh and the in-laws have been staying with us so its been a great opportunity to get some of those big garden projects done that take a few pairs of hands to complete.

I have however been active in the hobby, some painting and some gaming however I can’t share the painting as I’ve yet to post anything to the Analogue Hobbies Painting Challenge blog yet (for shame!!!). 

Anyway, I've got kind of addicted to making buildings at the moment, there’s something very soothing about cutting foamboard and the smell of PVA. I am also getting a buzz out of making something from nothing!

This time it’s the atypical adobe structure seen the world over that should hopefully work for both African and Afghan settings. These bad boys were made out of foamboard and cereal packets, flexible filler and acrylic paint.


The most annoying part were the stairs and roofs, I'm no technical artist or engineer so most of it was guesswork.






A bit of an action shot this one to give a sense of scale, these are a few Kasrkin from 40k. Although I don't like the game anymore I can't bring myself to get rid of them!

Inspired by some of the photo's from rules such as Skirmish Sangin, Force on Force and Black Ops I decided that my African/Afghan buildings needed something a little more imposing, so once I had completed these I decided to settle down and watch TV and whilst I carefully measured, cut, bled and built this compound. 


It measures 30cm x 30cm exactly, I know this because its based on a vinyl floor tile which I had left over from a long dormant project.


Its made from some cheap foamboard that my better half managed to score from a bargain shop, the usual flexible filler and my own blood (I cut my thumb whilst putting together the corner building).

And here's everything laid out together. 





I suppose next up will be a some gaming using the fruits of both mine and Ashley's various labours, however that's a whole other post!


No comments:

Post a Comment