Wednesday 29 April 2015

PSC Panthers

It's all Ashley and Scott's fault. Here's me minding my own business, randomly painting stuff and never really getting any of my projects finished and then along come these two crazy fools (Mr T impersonation obligatory) and get me interested in little toy tanks again.

Seriously though it would seem that my painting mojo has decided to refocus itself on WW2 models and I have been happily painting 15mm armour from my plastic stockpile acquired before our move down to NZ. The FLGS in my old neighborhood used to have a very nice stock of PSC kits therefore over time I stocked up on various German and US tanks.

So I recently managed to squeeze a game in with Ashley and he cheerfully informed me to use everything I have as he really wanted to field his Jumbo's, so this tempted me to paint up a box of PSC Panthers. As always there's the usual building up faffing about however Will is constantly improving on his kits and this is one of the better ones. This kit allows you to build up either the Ausf A or G, I've gone with the G and painted them up as fresh from the motor pool with red oxide base coat on the tracks and not much battle damage or weathering.


This is my first attempt at painting German camo and I'm quite happy with the result so I'll probably be redoing my PzIV's and Stug G's at some point although I do have a few more PSC kits to do so will wait til I've done them.

No comments:

Post a Comment