Thursday 4 December 2014

Clearing The Decks

So as the start date of the painting challenge approaches I find myself tidying up my painting table by simply painting everything on it! This isn't as exciting as it sounds as I've managed to crank through a big chunk of the part painted stuff recently, thus leaving only half finished (and half realised) projects to complete.

"So what have you got to complete Ste" I hear you ask? Well I've got a shed-load of little terrain projects that just never seem to get done, the first of which I like to refer to as "bags of stuff". You know how when you find that annoying hole in a metal mini or the big gap when gluing models together and you go to fill it and end up mixing too much green stuff!. What do you do with it?

Well I've always tried to use my excess in useful ways, I've just not always been successful. Now just to put things into context let me say that my sculpting skills are pretty mediocre to say the least, I can just about get away with filling gaps and sculpting fur or the odd hair extension so when it comes to excess green stuff I’m not that imaginative. So in the interests of not dragging things out here are the results of said sculpting experiments that have been loitering on my painting table for the last 2 years!!!

Also loitering about and which falls into the “clearing the desk” category are these rather nice (naff) boxes which I picked up at Pudsey Recon 2012 from someone second hand (I forget who).
And last but not least a few of the Renedra barrels that I bought at my last UK Wargames show (Triples) before moving to NZ. They don’t fit together very well however as a bit of battlefield terrain they work ok.

And here's the fruits of my labours all crammed together and being defended by a rather grumpy dwarven pirate (for a sense of scale!)
Now then, I only have one more thing to finish off on the painting table and I'll be all set for the challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment