Wednesday 6 August 2014

No, I haven't disappeared (yet)!

Our little "move to the other side of the planet" project gathers pace with flights booked, notice given to our employers, arguments with the UK Inland Revenue ongoing (we owe them money due to the ludicrously structured Tax Credit system) and various other day to day tasks being completed.

Due to this I have had very little time (or inclination) to paint or otherwise enjoy my hobby. Not to mention the difficulty of getting any form of decent light in a static caravan. Anyway I did manage to finish off a few things over the past couple of weeks and will hopefully get some photos taken and posts up next week.

However the big news is that we have an arrival date in Wellington now - 23rd August! That's the good news, the bad news is that we arrive after a 37 hour flight from the UK! For two adults that's not a problem (even though one of them is a very nervous flier) however we have a 3 and 5 year old to amuse. I'm sure that the novelty of the "big airplane" (as my youngest keeps describing it) will wear off quickly.

On the plus side I don't start my new job until the 1st of September, I've had lots of correspondence with my new colleagues and should settle in quite quickly, and to top it all I've discovered that in New Zealand they actually play with little toy soldiers and the gamers in the Wellington area are quite nice! (who'd have thought!).

So we'll be having an impromptu family holiday in and around Wellington, taking in the sites and generally getting our bearings. And now a plea to anyone in NZ who can help - any ideas as to how to entertain two young kids in Wellington?

More updates soon!
Ste

No comments:

Post a Comment