Wednesday 17 July 2013

IHMN - The Consulting Detective and Good Doctor

Well I finally got the Consulting Detective and Good Doctor painted up last night and I am in two minds over the results. I really like the sculpt of the Holmes model; I think it captures the personality of the character quite well. Then I set brush to model and found it to be a demoralising process and a bore to paint. The large surface area without detail means that it is tricky to play with highlights and shadows unless you’re a better painter than I. I also wish I had chosen a better colour scheme as he looks a little drab

The Good Doctor on the other hand initially looks a little ridiculous however once I got into the swing of things I really enjoyed painting him. However I must remember that if I am basing models on scenic bases to put them on prior to painting as I managed to damage the paint jobs in the process.

Also I don’t know if others have this problem but I use a combination of Vallejo Model Colour and Game Colour and have found the Model Colour to attract dust to a ridiculous level. It also dries to an “uber” matt finish which just highlights any imperfections on the model.

Anyway, other than the Special Branch Sergeant I’ve finished my Scotland Yard Company. Next stop is a Lt Col Johnsons British Rifle Company!


I shall see you all anon.






2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Cheers Scott. I may add to the collection as my VSF obsession grows (Westwind I think!)

      Delete