Monday 10 August 2015

"Jomsvikings, farsands of em"

Just to illustrate that I haven’t been completely idle whilst moving house, I present to you four Gripping Beast Jomsvikings Hearthguard.

I acquired these some time ago however after Ash decided to get in to Saga (he’s recently watched Vikings!) I decided it may be fun to pay some attention to these models and get them onto the table. I have enough models to make a 4 point warband for Saga and Jomsvikings have their own very unusual play style in the game however I’ll elaborate on that at another time.




If you look at the painted models on the Gripping Beast website you’ll see that they’re rather colourful, I’ve deliberately avoided this look as it doesn’t fit my view of Vikings (Joms or otherwise).
I have spent a little more time on these than I normally do, simply because I wanted to try and paint well rather than get them on the table (quality rather than quantity). 


I’ve even gone so far as to paint eyes, not something I normally do and not something I’m good at (the air turned blue as I tried to get them right for 30 minutes).
 


Also I’ve gone with hand painted shields instead of transfers simply because I have none. It spoils the model if you go to the effort of painting them well and then glue on a tatty shield, however no I have to get creative in how I paint the rest of them! Next up are 4 more Hearthguard and the Warlord and then I can try and smash Ashley’s Normans (I have enough generic Germanic warriors painted to make up a 4 pt warband).


No comments:

Post a Comment