Sunday 19 April 2015

Something out of nothing!

My last post was about the Sarissa Precision MDF buildings I recently built up and I made the throw away comment that I'm no good at scratch building.
So on the basis that you don't achieve anything unless you push yourself I decided to try and scratch build something for Flames of War. You see Scott is holding a little FoW gaming day soon at Chez Bowman and I foolishly suggested North Africa as a theme. It then struck me that I haven't quite finished my British 8th army (a few Mathildas so far!) and I have no africa themed terrain. So I gathered together all the scrap MDF and card from my Sarissa buildings and set to cobbling something together.

The only templates I used were in my head and I measured up the dimensions against my US Paras. I hunted the net for a few templates of North African buildings in 15mm, you would have thought there'd be some out there but I couldn't find any.
In my next post I'll show you the finished articles, although I may just have to paint some of my 4th Indians or my Bren Carriers first as the gaming day is coming up soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment