Wednesday 4 March 2015

Challenge entry - Dwarven Pirates, Uruk Hai and more Sung Chinese

It's been a few weeks since I last a managed to post anything for the challenge, I have been painting but I've been a bit preoccupied with a new job, trying to buy a house and still getting to grips with the change in culture after we moved to New Zealand.
Anyway enough with the excuses, first up this was supposed to be my entry to the comedic bonus round, just a tad late I know but I was just too tired to get the darn thing posted in time, so i just posted it as a regular entry. Why did I think this suitable for inclusion in the comedic round, well because these five marauder miniatures dwarves, circa 1989 (I think ), are from the heyday of fun poses and bright colours, when fantasy wargaming had a sense of humour.

I acquired these second hand and stripped them down but never actually did anything with them. Then after painting up one of them as a pirate when we arrived in NZ (for variety as I'd been buried in Lord of the Rings) I got the urge to dig them out and get a small pirate company completed.










Just a shame I was slack and didn't get em completed in time.
Next is the obligatory Lord of the Rings Uruk Hai, eleven of the angry looking chappies. These guys have been the theme for my painting challenge and hopefully by the end of the challenge I'll be able to have a very large game against ScottB with all the models I've painted during.


I managed to convert an Uruk captain, a few spare bits lying around, the application of a sharp knife and voila!


And finally some more Sung Chinese painted up for a fledgling Tsurannuanni force, this time five Shinzawai archers in their trademark blue. As the leading house of the Blue Wheel party it makes sense that they're in blue, we'll just have to see how long it takes me to paint up a few more houses and get a few Kingdom forces to pit them against.

No comments:

Post a Comment