Thursday 19 February 2015

5x Zvezda Matilda II's

As the analogue hobbies painting challenge continues I'm finding it harder and harder to get my entries in on time. However I have been enjoying the themed rounds and as such I couldn't resist the hot round.

Challengers are expected to use their ingenuity in interpreting the theme, many were a lot more creative than I, however my submission was part of my ongoing interest in the North Africa theatre of World War Two. Firstly we have five Zvezda 1/100 Mathilda II tanks painted in a very generic sand colour scheme, I would have tried out the caunter  scheme however my eyes aren't that good anymore.

I used my google fu to try and find examples of the Zvezda model painted in North Africa colours but I could only find Soviet examples. These models are typical of the Zvezda range, cheap, easy to fit together but a little light on detail compared to metals minis, but for the price I can't grumble.

Also I managed to complete a little air support in the form of 1/144 Revell Hurricane, not a bad model just a little soft on detail like the Matilda's.

I think I may have been a little heavy on the black lining but I quite like the contrast it brings to the models.



Now I need to complete the other five Mathilda's for my small armoured company. I understand that in games like Flames of War a company of Matildas is seen as "gamey" but I don't care, they were there in that format, maybe the issue is the game and not the history :-P

No comments:

Post a Comment