Saturday 17 January 2015

Finally, Opponents for Inspector Johnson!


The clanking noise coming from the workshop at the rear of the squalid tenement increased in volume to the point where the conversation could only be conducted in raised voices.

“I tell you that obtaining the remaining Shabti of Akhenaton should be our priority, before that idiot Inspector gets his hands on them” said the well-dressed gent leaning in the doorway whilst subconsciously fiddling with his pistol.

“No, I do not ag-ag-agree” stuttered his gas masked opponent sat in the tattered arm chair on the other side of the room. “We ne-eed to stop the Good Doctor in hi-hi-his ministrations. He ca-ca-can’t be allowed t-t-to heal that damn consulting detec-tec-tive”.

“Let me handle my cousin, my friends” said a new arrival coming from the hallway, Deer Stalker still perched on his balding pate, “I think we should be looking at your brothers new toys Lucius”.

They all rose at the implied command, Deer Stalker being the de facto leader of their little group (in the absence of the Professor). They all filed through the hallway, stepping over the bodies of the previous tenants and into the ‘workshop’ space, littered with all manner of esoteric tools and apparatus. In the centre of the room, fez perched jauntily on his head, green smoking jacket covered in oil stains stood Lucius’ brother Algernon looking rather triumphant.

“Behold my brethren, our new weapon in the fight against order and the corrupt empire of her most ignoble Majesty. I present to you my Iron Men!

---------------

These chaps and their back story were my Bonus Round – Victorian submission for the Painting Challenge. I managed to write up a number of Battle Reports as a spoof Journal of the brave Inspector Johnson some time ago however moving to NZ has put that on the back burner for some time, so the challenge was good incentive to jump back in and restart things!


These are all Black Pyramid models from their Steam and Steel range, very nice clean models which were all relatively easy to paint. My only complaint was that in some areas they're a little light on detail and the chap holding the rather large aether pistol had a badly miscast hand! Otherwise they're quite characterful models.


I’m really quite proud of the Red and White scarf as I was going for the look of a Victorian anarchist/agitator and accidentally fell on the idea of making him a football fan and therefore a bit of a Hooligan! The satchel is a nod to his military past, I believe it was the 1890’s when khaki was introduced as a uniform colour for British forces but I may be wrong (feel free to correct my ignorance).

Anyway, there you have it. The Brotherhood of the Black Sun, occasional allies to Professor M and arch nemesisessess (nemisi?) of the brave and heroic Inspector Johnson!

No comments:

Post a Comment