Friday 21 November 2014

“They’re taking the Hobbits to Isengard!”

Ah, poor Orlando Bloom, his part in the Lord of the Rings movies being encapsulated in a comedy song built solely around this phrase. Oh hang on, he’s managed to turn it to his advantage securing his place in two of the subsequent 3 Hobbit films (and there is an excellent clip of him mocking himself in full Legolas costume on YouTube).

Anyway this is my favourite model of Legolas that GW produced and is the second to last one of the Fellowship for me to complete (the last being Gandalf). I decided to keep the same style throughout and have done him in muted tones with a slightly grubby look, perhaps not in keeping with how an elf should look but I think it works.
Now I just need to get him on the tabletop in a suitably comedic scenario that involves shield surfing and Mumak trunk riding!

Gimli: Never thought I'd die fighting side by side with an Elf
Legolas: What about side by side with a friend
Gimli: Aye I could do that!





No comments:

Post a Comment