Monday 17 November 2014

Oh no, I entered the fifth analogue hobbies painting challenge!

Image courtesy of Curts Blog!
Well I did it, I decided to join in with one of the most challenging blog events of the year - the Analogue Hobbies Painting Challenge. This is a yearly event hosted by Curt on his aforementioned blog and runs for roughly 4 months, commencing in December, with the only requirement for entry being submission of a painted miniature to Curt in the annual theme (this year being anti-heroes, rogues and ruffians). For every model completed Curt awards points, in addition there are themed bonus rounds, all of which contribute to your total, the winner being the participant with the most points (the only prize being bragging rights! After all you've painted a whole host of minis, what else do you need).

So “what will you be painting” I hear you cry. Well I’ve got a massive pile of LoTR mini’s to paint, the main one being my Isengard force so expect to see Uruk Hai, Orcs, Warg riders, Dunlendings (although I’ll be using some wargames factory Vikings and some spares from my bits box!) and other assorted nasties. Alongside this I’ve prepped my models for the first Bismarck encounter so they should appear pretty quickly (I’ve no idea how Curt will score them!). Also I have a renewed interest in 15mm WW2 and piles of Plastic Soldier kits so that should provide some variety. Then once I’ve exhausted all that I can move on to my Perry 28mm DAK and 8th Army! So plenty to do in a short period of time. I’ve already picked a target of 700pts however that may be a little ambitious considering I’ve never taken part before however I keep saying that I work best to a deadline so hopefully I should make this self-imposed milestone with a minimal of stress!

In terms of the entry fee I’ve already decided on a suitable rogue/anti-hero model, the arch nemesis of Sherlock Holmes himself – Professor Moriarty! Maybe he’s more of a villain than a rogue/anti-hero however I think he’s kind of cool in a very villainous kind of way.

Anyway the point of the whole affair is to reduce your lead/plastic pile whilst engaging in good natured banter, the issuing of challenges and more importantly having fun. Many of the well-known names in hobby blogging are or have taken part at some point. If you're interested or would like to see the results if all this frenetic painting activity head on over to Curts blog:

http://analogue-hobbies.blogspot.co.nz/2014/11/remember-remember-fifth-annual-analogue.html?m=1


And to all my readers who are also taking part, good luck and I'll see you across the bragging table!

No comments:

Post a Comment