Monday 15 September 2014

" All that is gold does not glitter...."

Following on from my completion of the Hobbits of the Fellowship and Gimli, I decided to tackle Aragorn from the Fellowship set. This is my favourite incarnation of Aragorn as it seems to have the right amount of “don’t mess with me I’m a descendant of Numenor” in the pose. I have seen lots of painted up versions and also have the Fellowship Journey book with the painting guide however I really don’t like the bright colours they suggest and have therefore gone with muted, dark colours.
Well I gave it a go in my muted style and I have to say I don't like him. I don't know why, I'm just not happy with the way he's turned out. Maybe it's because he was painted in two hemispheres! I guess that means I'll have to get another one!
Anyway next up is that stalwart of Sheffield, erm I mean Gondor - Beanomir, err I mean Borosean.....

No comments:

Post a Comment