Saturday 23 August 2014

"Let them come. There is one dwarf yet in Moria who still draws breath."


Gimli: Oh come on, we can take 'em.
Aragorn: It's a long way.
Gimli: Toss me.
Aragorn: What?
Gimli: I cannot jump the distance, you'll have to toss me.
[pauses, looks up at Aragorn]
Gimli: Don't tell the elf.
Aragorn: Not a word.

Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the Fair Use Clause of the Copyright Law.

 
I have to confess to having cheated somewhat with this model as I acquired him from club mate Steve who had already applied the base colours. In one respect this was a blessing as it gave me time to experiment with black lining which is something I don’t really do with my models.
 
 
 
I do have a couple more versions of Gimli hiding out in my lead pile however, as this is somewhere south of India at the moment I’m going to have to wait until it arrives in Wellington and we’ve got some sort of home before I tackle him again.

Anyway I’m quite happy with him and once I’ve finished off Aragorn I’ll get cracking on Legolas to give him someone to argue with!

No comments:

Post a Comment